Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Pace of My Blogging is Slowing With My Heart And My Over-USe Of Capital Letters

And a cow, as we so often say, is the winner of a distant tent.

This winter - following on from illness I had the great fun of some extensive dental surgury to fill holes left in my jaw 22 years ago when a bicycle and I had an arguement with the road beneath us - a road, ladies and gentlemen, which I do believe was speeding! Eeeek, the drilling, the injections, the pulling, grinding, drooling and scraping. Not nice.

What was nice was the care I recieved - the surgeon and 2 nurses. They seemed to understand the power of a gentle word and the lightest touch of a hand on mine. For me the joy of that contact was far more significant than the pain and displeasure of the horrid process itself.

Eeek stitches all around my teeth. It took me back to the time when I bashed my face in the first time. Stitches in my tongue: I didnt like that.

Pxxxxx

No comments: