Friday, January 6, 2012

Mountain man - did you know David A.


I wondered where you were, not having seen you for weeks my mad and bouncing old old friend.

I missed your madness, the banter and the oddness - the last time I saw your face you could not cope with staying and then...

Then you were gone.

And today you were back; Mountain man.

And where had you been - not to London to see the Queen?

No, to New York and you had only just made it alive even though you had tried not to.

Taken all of your pills on the way, had to be restrained, caused the plane to land early; taken away.

Mountain man, thinner, grey faced - a month in a New York institution at Her Majesty's pleasure (God Bless the Queen) and then home again - broken and grown.

I just wanted to hug you but I listened to your words and I cared, thats all I know how to do - not the "right" words, I just don't play that nonsense.

Good to see you, get back to bouncing soon Mountain man.

No comments: